Is The Quarantine a Good Time to Start a Blog? Absolutely, Here’s Why? This is the best time you should follow your passion to the fullest. As the lockdown extended, people are searching queries like “How to pass time during lockdown”? ; “How to manage time during Coronavirus Lockdown” etc.
Content is the king !
Yes! You have to be unique and fluent in writing, starting a blog is not rocket science. You just have knowledge in a particular stream or niche.
Let’s dig in to know how you can start a blog for free in 2020!
We would recommend you on WordPress & Blogger.com to start your blogging. So, here is the basics you should consider before starting a blog.
1. Pick a name for your blog
It is really important to pick a good name for your blog. The name should be creative and catchy. It should leave an impact on the minds of the viewers. It should also be short and not too difficult. The name of your blog will depend on the topic on which you wish to wish your blog.
2.Select a niche for your blog
You should decide on what matters you want to write your blogs. Blogs can be of any type be it a travel blog or a beauty blog. You can also share your experiences with your audience. Your blogs should reflect your passion and your knowledge on that topic. So, you should pick a niche on which you are comfortable in writing your blogs.
3. Customize your blog
You can customize your blog as per your requirement and give it the perfect look. There are various free themes available which you can use for your blog. The theme that you are using must match with the content that you would like to post. It should create a good vibe and keep your users glued to your website for a considerable amount of time.
4. Your content should be simple yet catchy
The blogs you write should be in a simple language yet it should make a difference. It should influence your viewers and give them motivation. Only then will people start to take an interest in your blogs. They should be able to relate themselves to the content you publish. The blogs should be lengthy. Make sure that all your content and photographs are original.
5. Publish your blog regularly
If you want your content to go viral, then first and foremost, you should be regular at publishing your blogs. This will help to increase your followers. Also, a sense of interest will build up in the minds of the viewers and they will start to visit your page more frequently.
6. Try to promote your blog
You can promote your blogs through various social media platforms. In this way, you will be able to gain more number of viewers and your ideas will also reach a greater audience. There are various other ways as well by which you can promote your blogs. You can alert your inner circle about your blogs. Your page should be search engine optimized. You can also comment on other’s blogs in order to promote your own blog.You can promote your blog easily on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram & Linkedin, but the strategy of sharing & promoting the content will be different for different channels which you can get here, so stay connected with us !
7. Go for quality instead of quantity
Just posting blogs on a regular basis isn’t enough. You should also keep in mind that all your blogs are equally engaging and are of good quality. Even if you aren’t being to blog on a regular basis, it’s ok. Whatever content you post should have the ability to attract people towards your blog page.
8. Try to build an email list form the beginning itself
It is very important for you to build an email list. Only then will you be able to increase your followers. This will also help you to remain in touch with your followers. You can notify them about your latest blogs through email. There are numerous email marketing platforms available using which you will be able to build an email list.
9. Monetize your blogs
You can also earn a lot of money from blogging. You can do so by selling Advertising Space on your blog page. You can do so by using Google Adsense. You can also allow membership options on your blog. This is another great way to earn money.
How to start a blog on WordPress ?
Do you know ? Over 400 million people visit WordPress sites each month. WordPress powers 35% of the internet in 2020. WordPress is the most prefered platform for blogging because anyone can use it easily without any proper technical background.
Here’s read more to know more factors why you start a blog on WordPress in 2020.
- WordPress is open source and it’s free!
WordPress is open source and it’s free, this is the thing that has made it so popular. Anyone can start blogging from anywhere without spending a single penny. Even though it is open source, it is constantly up to date and upgraded. Its has been decades, WordPress is still the fastest growing CMS till date.
- It’s easy to use : WordPress has the most user friendly CMS ( Content Management System ). You don’t have to give too much time to understand its backend functioning. You also don’t have coding skills, with little knowledge of HTML, you can perform about all the tasks in WordPress.
- SEO Friendly : SEO means Search Engine Optimization is the most important factor which one should consider while creating a blog or website. This will help the blog or website to be more technically sound and fit for the search engines like Google, Bing, Duck Go Go and many more.. It has been seen that websites made on WordPress platform tend to rank more easily than websites made on other platforms. The main reason for easy rankings on google is that The codes of WordPress website is generally more cleaner which helps the search engines to understand the search terms better and therefore the wordpress easy to rank in search engines.
- Highly Customizable : Do you know that 15% of the top 100 websites in the world are made on WordPress. Now you can understand the rage of this platform from this data. There are plenty of free wordpress plugins available through which you can customize the themes according to your requirements. These plugins allow easy customizations without any technical background.
So, these are the reasons why you should start a blog for free on wordpress.
If you think creating a blog on WordPress is a long process then, you can headstart your blog on Facebook or Instagram. But before that you need to understand why you should start a blog for free on social media.
Why should you start a blog on Facebook or Instagram?
Let’s start from Facebook!
Did you know that you can start a blog on Facebook?
Gone are the days, when people just read information from websites. Now people seek information everywhere even on social media. Yes! In Fact a small piece of information gets viral on social media. With more than a billion users logging on to Facebook each day, your content will get more exposure in the right audience. You can use Facebook as the best marketing platform for your business.
Let’s find out how you can start a blog on Facebook
- Using Facebook Notes : Facebook Notes allows any form of content whether it is contextual, images, video etc. The notes editor has a formatting tools, such as bullets, numbered lists, and stylized text, and embedding media through which you can add value to your content and make it more detailed. To access Facebook Notes, you just have to sign in through facebook and you are good to go. You can also directly access the facebook notes straight from your profile by clicking more menu at the top by selecting Notes.
- Click on “Write a Note“ to create a blog post. At the right top corner, you will find a large typing area for your new post.
- Click on “Drag or click to add a photo” to add a cover photo. Adding images to the post makes the post more engaging as well as making it detailed.
- Enter a title to your Note
- At the content area, you can write or paste the content along with the images, videos. You can also embed the links of the website for references.
- Click on the small paragraph icon for the editing option. You can add headings, lists, and HTML tags on the menu.
- To add media to the post, click + next to the typing area and select Photo or Embed (to paste in a video link). Click Save at the bottom-right corner as you work so you don’t lose your progress.
6. Select an audience for your blog post: Just click on the privacy menu near the bottom right corner to choose who can see your content.
7. Done with the content, why waiting for the publish button to press. Link to the post will appear on your profile like a regular status update.
8. You can use your facebook profile to post your writings. Just click on the home of the facebook and at the top you will find a box where you can write the blog, there you can only attach the image and video with the blog. You can also use some Facebook Post strategy to get more engagements. Stay tuned with us to know how you can increase the facebook likes, engagement & reachability organically.
Let’s go to another amazing social media platform, Yes! You guessed it right! Instagram.
How to start a blog on Instagram ?
You wouldn’t think of blogging on Instagram, yes ! you have read it right.
Instagram is the platform where you will find your loyal fans and readers. This is the best platform when you use it properly.
Best tips to start a blog for free on Instagram
Before head starting the best tips to start a blog on Instagram, let’s know more about Instagram.
If you are a photographer, chef, restaurant owner, model, doctor or any agency, if you can display your business, you can sell your business. Yes! Images say a lot more than words. We all know that “Content is the King”. Content can be in any form whether it is an image, video or text, the content should be engaging.
Now, let dig in into the best tips to start a blog on Instagram :
- Pick a good username : The most important and the first thing when you start your Instagram journey. Choose a username which depicts you, your brand or your business. It can be unique, catchy and easy to remember.
- Select a niche and remain stick to you. If you have started sharing the images & text content related to digital marketing then stick to it, don’t mess with any other niche.
- While posting caption content, remember you should always tell a story. Posting a good quality image or video is not sufficient, Captions also makes a difference, it says what you actually want to share through image or videos.
- Use relevant hashtags, it should not have hashtags which look spammy. Yes! Now, bots have been introduced in the market, which creates hashtags for you and your niche. Research about the niche and add some more specific hashtags related to the image.
- Geo tag your discoveries and places : Geo locations help to capture audiences who might be looking for the info about the locations. Some niches require Geo tagging like restaurant promotion.
- Follow, tag and engage.
- Post Regularly.
So now, you are prep up and you can start a blog on Instagram or Facebook or WordPress in this quarantine period. Those who are thinking of writing a blog should go for it, this is the right time you should start writing in your favourite niche. Stay tuned with us to know more such stuff!
Comment below down below if this helped you! We will be cherished if you put down your blog links in the comment section !